Monday, November 26, 2007

Dwarfism in America - The Bigger Picture

Last year, I met the Campbell family while doing research on Dwarfism, a genetic condition that results in short stature. Jim and Joanna Campbell, who are both average height, had two children...one of which is a little person. Their daughter Elizabeth talks to me about the challenges she has faced throughout her life as a little person, including being called a midget. Many little people refer to this word as the "M" word. My story, The Bigger Picture, has had a positive impact on many around the world. I've received great feedback from people here in California...and as far away as Sweden. I'm happy to say that this month, my youtube link hit the 4000 mark. The story has also received the attention of NBC's The Today Show. If you haven't had a chance to view The Bigger Picture, you can find the link on the right side of this page.